Injured With Shock Collar at Canine Country

24 10 2009
Shawn Riley

Owner of Canine Country, Shawn Riley

In 2005, I boarded my dog at Canine Country in Tualatin, Oregon. The owner, Shawn Riley, told me that, during her stay, my Pit Bull began to act agressively toward the other dogs (all the dogs are kept in one large enclosure at this place — bad idea). Instead of simply separating her from the others, he opted to use a shock collar on her. This was done without my permission. The shock collar caused a serious injury. When we retrieved our dog from Canine Country, she was bleeding profusely from the puncture wounds caused by the collar’s prongs and required immediate veterinary care.

The prongs on the inside of this barbaric training aid caused the punctures.

The prongs on the inside of this barbaric training aid caused the punctures.

Our vet would later testify that the wounds had gone untreated for too long and had become infected. His assessment was that the collar had been left on for a prolonged period of time, contributing further to the extent of the injuries. Thanks to Shawn Riley, our dog endured unnecessary pain and suffering during her visit to Canine Country. To make matters worse, Riley refused to cover the cost of treating the injuries he inflicted. Fortunately, I prevailed against him in small claims court. And when he failed to pay the judgement, I successfully recovered the funds from his bank. More importantly, our beloved dog eventually healed.

At the vet after a stay at Canine Country with uncle Shawn

At the vet after a stay at Canine Country with uncle Shawn

Puncture wound from shock collar prongs. Injury courtesy of Shawn Riley, Canine Country

Puncture wound from shock collar prongs. Injury courtesy of Shawn Riley, Canine Country

After shaving the true extent of the injuries were revealed

After shaving the true extent of the injuries were revealed

Another satisfied customer of Canine Country

Another satisfied customer of Canine Country -- Thanks Shawn!

Advertisements